What to expect when using empty or NULL values during the execution of a MISSION: Auto Number rule.
By design, functions in your MISSION: Auto Number record that reference NULL values will not be written to the target record. Use the “Update Null” flag on the MISSION: Auto Number to write the full value when the referenced attribute contains a value.
An example of this would be:
- You reference the address1_postalcode attribute on the account record in your MISSION: Auto Number rule
- An account record is created but no value is entered in the address1_postalcode attribute
- No MISSION: Auto Number value is written to the target record
- Later, a user corrects the missing data and enters a value in the address1_postalcode
- The MISSION: Auto Number is correctly calculated and the value written to the target record (If the flag “Update NULL” is set to true)