Instructions on how to import the MISSION: Auto Number solution into an existing Dynamics 365 instance. These instructions apply to both online and on-premises instances.
- System administrator security role
- Be a global administrator (Only required when performing a Dynamics 365 online backup). You can also sign in with Dynamics 365 System Administrator or Delegated Admin security roles.
Prior to importing the MISSION: Auto Number solution, prepare your deployment checklist. Deploying a new solution into your environment can affect the existing components and solutions already installed. If you have a staging or test environment, load the solution and test your existing components prior to deploying to a production instance.
1. Verify you have a compatible MISSION: Auto Number
2. Back up your instance
3. Export your full solution
4. Export a separate sitemap solution if you have customized the default sitemap
Make a note of the version of Dynamics 365 and whether it is “on-premises” or being hosted by Microsoft “online”
Select the “Import” Icon
A wizard will now appear guiding you through the import process. Select “Browse” to locate the solution file that has been provided to you. Once selected, press “Next”
A warning may be shown if this solution is an update to an existing MISSION: Auto Number solution. If this is the case, simply ignore this warning and select “Import”. If no warning is received, continue to select “Import”
A notification will appear stating that the import has been successful. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if any error messages appear and you are unable to complete these steps successfully.