MISSION: Charge utilizes the document templates functionality of Dynamics 365. Several pre-configured documents have been created for use with the solution. In the event that an alternate custom or modified template is required, follow these steps to alter that reference to utilize the template of your choice.
- System administrator security role
The SharePoint integration is a custom step that can be triggered by a background process. By default, this functionality is not enabled and can be enabled by either updating the default workflows provided with the solution or by creating a new workflow and utilizing the custom MISSION: Charge step. The step in question is:
- Workflow (188.8.131.52):MISSIONCharge.Workflow.EmailReceiptActivity
Within this step, the following features can be configured:
- Convert to PDF: When set to ‘TRUE’ the process will convert the document template to a PDF, when set to ‘FALSE” the file format of the document template will be retained
- Receipt Email: When utilizing the custom step in conjunction with an outbound email, select the outbound email configured in a previous workflow step here
- File Name: The filename can be constructed utilizing data from the target entity
- Upload to SharePoint: By default, this option is set to ‘FALSE’, when set to ‘TRUE’ the process will save and upload a copy of the generated document to a related SharePoint site. If no site exists, the process will create the site automatically and then upload the file
This feature is compatible with the default SharePoint integration available with Dynamics 365 v8.2 or above. The SharePoint integration must be enabled on the target entity of the process.
To enable the SharePoint feature on an existing workflow, select ‘Settings’ -> ‘Processes’ and select an existing workflow process
Deactivate the workflow to alter the custom workflow step
Select the custom step ‘MISSIONCharge.Workflow (184.108.40.206):MISSIONCharge.Workflow.EmailReceiptActivity’ and select ‘Set Properties’
Set the ‘Upload To SharePoint’ feature ‘TRUE’
With the alterations complete, save and activate the record